3 whole eggs
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup of raw almonds
1 cup of raw pecans (I used almonds)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup of melted virgin coconut oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Blend the eggs, honey, and lemon juice together in a small sauce pan until thoroughly combined. *I used fresh lemons & squeezed them, took about 3 lemons to yield 1/2 cup
2. Turn the heat on to medium high and add coconut oil, mixing regularly until the oil has melted. *I might suggest a lower heat because if you cook it too quickly the eggs get “eggy” and you are able to see white pieces from the eggs (which don’t taste bad or are even too noticeable, but I think it’d be better at a slower cooking heat)
3. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens and bubbles.*This will splatter on you, be careful!
4. Remove from pan and place in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool and thicken further.
1. Place nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped, but not pureed. You may have little chunks of nuts, and that is fine.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse again until well combined.
3. Spread over the bottom of a greased 8 x 8 inch pan.*Greasing the bottom of the pan or using parchment paper work well
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes in a 400 degree oven, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Cool completely before layering the filling over the top. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
These taste awesome and not overboard on sweetness. Store them in the refrigerator & enjoy!