I stumbled across a new PaleOMG and she posted these little balls of wonder, named as Fig Fudge balls. To which I had to try! Dance party up in-here, my taste buds are rockin’ and I renamed mine as I ate them to be bomb-balls. Here is her recipe:
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 cups dried figs (I used about 1 1/2 cup & 1/2 cup of pitted dates)
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey (I used about 1/2 tablespoon)
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Take any of the leftover stem off your dried figs.
- Throw your figs and cashews in your food processor on high until you get a paste.
- Then add the rest of your ingredients. Taste to see if you need more salt. Everything taste better with salt. If you haven’t experienced the magic and sweet and salty, you have a childish palate. Naive I might even say. Turn on high again to mix well.
- Now use your hands to make balls any size you please. Top with course sea salt.
- Try not to eat all of them in one sitting. I did, but you shouldn’t.
Next time I think I will try another type of dried fruit or mix half fig with perhaps dried strawberries…there is a lot of room to be creative and tasty. Enjoy your balls of wonder!