As I was getting ready to prepare dinner, we had plans to be boring and grill chicken, however I had a hankering for something new. I saw this recipe for chicken nuggets the other week and couldn’t stop thinking about making them. I can’t say I miss fast food chicken nuggets but I do miss a tasty fried chicken nugget dipped in honey every now and again. These were very simple to make and extremely tasty on the ol’ buds and will send you to yumm-town. As usual I follow most of the directions in the recipe but not all of them. Here is the original recipe of the Cilantro Chicken Nuggets (which includes info on a dipping sauce) but I dipped in homemade guacamole this time.
My modified version of the recipe –
- 1lb ground chicken or ground turkey – I used ground turkey this round because that is what I had
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup or so of cilantro finely chopped
- 3-4 green onions finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ cup Coconut flour or Almond flour or 1/4 and 1/4
- Shaved fresh ginger or using a few shakes of powdered ginger is good too
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil or Coconut oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Mixymix everything together: ground turkey, cilantro, egg, onions, sesame oil, ginger and salt.
- Warm pan and add the olive or coconut oil.
- Grab a plate or bowl and have your flour ready to dunk your nuggets on/in.
- Balltime. Grab a hunk of ground turkey mix, roll and flatten to nugget shape, dunk in the flour on each side and all around.
- Place nuggets in the pan, cook, cook, cook.
- Cook each side until cooked all the way through, about 8 minutes for me (my nuggets ended up being bigger than I planned)
- Choose a dipping sauce of your choice and eat away! =)
These were great the next day too, I didn’t even need to heat them up. Score for lunch!